There’s nothing quite like an activity for kids to get them exploring the great outdoors. Scavenger Hunts are great for children’s parties, equally fun for car trips, visiting new places or to bring out any and every time your hear the dreaded, “I’m bored!”
For your copy of our Free Printable Scavenger Hunt, just click on the link or image below and print out your list from our downloadable PDF. Give the kids a copy and send them outside with a bucket. This fun game will keep them occupied for quite a while, and hey, they might even enjoy it!
Tips and ideas for a Scavenger Hunt
- If you are entertaining several kids or hosting a kids’ birthday party, print out several copies and stick them to the front of large brown paper bags. Attach a pencil on string and let the kids loose in your backyard or at the local park.
- A science party theme is great fun for kids. Give each child a clipboard with their Free Printable Scavenger Hunt, a pencil, a pair of binoculars and a magnifying glass to make them feel like little adventurers.
- Team up older kids who can read with younger kids. This gives a wonderful opportunity for all the kids to work together.
- If your child is too young to read, work with them or get them to gather the items pictured on the free printable.
- On a long road trip? Give the kids a Free Printable Scavenger Hunt at the first stop and let them gather the items each time you stop on your journey.
- For older kids you can make it more challenging by giving them a time limit with prizes to keep it exciting.
- Carry a few copies in your car. If you go to an event where there a no kids to play with this will keep your kids busy.
Did you try this scavenger hunt with your kids? How did they go? Did it keep them busy? What else would you add to the kids collect?