Is this the easiest cookie dough ever? Three ingredients, 20 minutes and 100 cookies – this is a busy mums kind of baking! Just add your favourite flavours or fillings to create your own variations. These cookies are perfect for school bake sales, cake stalls, kid’s lunchbox or after school snacks or to enjoy, in a quiet moment, by yourself, with a nice cup of tea.</p?
Easiest Cookie Dough Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Suitable baking for ages: 8 years old and up
Makes: 50-100 cookies (depending on what size you make them)
Need Mum and Dad: To light the oven or help use the mixer.
Health rating: Sometimes food.
Cookie Flavour Suggestions: dark choc chip, white choc chip, Milo, Nutella, coconut, 100s and 1000s (sprinkled on top), nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter, pistachio and cranberry, chopped candycane, vanilla.
400g butter, softened and cubed
1 395g can condensed milk
4 cups self raising flour, sifted (or add 8 teaspoons of baking powder to plain flour)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356ºF)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric beater, mix butter until light and fluffy.
- Add tin of condensed milk and mix until well combined.
- Add self raising flour and mix with dough hook or knead by hand.
- Separate the mixture into four separate balls of dough (if you want to keep some cookie dough for later).
- Add whatever fillings you fancy and mix through.
- Peel off teaspoon sizes, roll them into balls, flatten slightly and place on the baking tray. (These make small, bite-sized cookies, make them as large as you like)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or 15-20 minutes if larger.
- Try macadamia nut and chunky dark choc chip to make delicious large, chunky cookies.
- Roll tiny balls of cookie dough (1-2 cm diameter) and stir it through softened ice cream and refreeze – yum!
- If you’re freezing your cookie dough, double cling wrap it, write the date on the outside and store it in the freezer for 4-6 weeks.
- When you’re ready to bake it, allow it to defrost for several hours.
- Roll your cookie dough into a sausage shape about 3-6 cm in diameter to freeze. When you’re ready to bake, cut 1cm slices and you have instant cookies ready for baking.
- Refrigerate cookie dough and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Baked cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Have you tried this quick and easy cookie dough recipe? What is your favourite cookie combo? Be sure to share this recipe with your friends so they can bake them too!