So you’ve received your shiny new Stuck On You Bento Box… Now, how to take care of it?
Like every good relationship, a little TLC will go a long way in ensuring that your Bento Box loves you back and for longer.
Here are a few simple things you and your kids can do to increase the longevity of your Bento Boxes.
What can the kiddies do?
Our fantastically-designed personalisation is likely to motivate your kids to take care of their Bentos anyway. This has certainly been the case for my normally rough nut kids, who treat their Bentos as gently as they would a newborn kitten. (Not that they need to as our Bentos are built tough.)
Tough as they are, Bentos will last a lot longer if they are treated respectfully. If you have an ‘energetic’ child, gently remind them of the following:
- To open and close the clips gently.
- To not attempt to separate the outer box at the hinges.
- To understand that their Bento Box is a treasure trove of yummy goodies, and not a football/trampoline/scratching post/favourite cuddle toy. Actually that last one might be OK – unusual but understandable. Our Bento Boxes are that awesome!
How do I clean the Bento Box?
Based on rigorous testing, we have determined that taking the following steps will help your Bento Box last for as long as possible.
1. Wash the Bento Box as soon as practicable after each use.
2. Separate the inner tray from the outer case.
3. Avoid submerging the outer case in water. Instead, we highly recommend that you clean it using a warm, damp cloth. For the inner tray, you can wash it in warm, soapy water or the dishwasher (top rack only).
4. Dry all parts thoroughly with a clean cloth or paper towel.
5. We highly recommend that even once dry, you should keep the parts separate and store them in a well-ventilated area until ready to use again.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.
How do I clean the Bento Cooler Bag?
For those who don’t know, Stuck On You’s insulated and thermal-lined Bento Cooler Bag keeps the contents of your Bento Box cool. If you have one of these snazzy gizmos, here is how to keep it clean (and if you don’t have one – what are you waiting for?!)
1. Clean the bag thoroughly with a warm, damp cloth, ensuring that no traces of food or dirt remain.
2. Place in the sun or well-ventilated area to dry properly.